What We Need From You
Organize Your Thoughts and Content
How Our Process Works
1. Sign contract and pay 50% deposit.
2. Submit your Sprout Sheet.
3. Send us all copy, images, and graphics (See below for directions).
4. Based on your Sprout Sheet, we will choose a Squarespace template / layout.
5. We will begin designing the website on your designated start date.
6. You will be available throughout the week for communications, feedbacks, and questions.
7. We will be available for your thoughts and questions.
8. We will present a mobile-friendly website within 7 days (or more if you need customization).
9. You will respond promptly to the overall look and feel of the site.
10. We will make any last changes you request.
11. The site will be planted on the web... 1, 2, 3, Grow!
12. Matt will provide a one-hour training session and manual.
13. Pay remaining balance.
14. We all celebrate our cooperation and achievements!
15. A tree is planted in your name through the One Tree Planted Organization.
16. You will receive a certificate for your tree, along with the location of where it is planted.
Copy, Images, and Graphics
The Do's and Don'ts of Sending Content
This step will take some organization on your part, but it will make the entire web design process run smoothly. Thank you for your cooperation.
- Send All Content in One Email: We understand this might be the longest email of your life, but isn't it nice to have all your thoughts in once place? We sure think so.
- Send Copy and Files Electronically: We are minimalist and environmentalists, so it's no surprise we like to keep paper products down to a minimum. Please help us by sending all content electronically.
- Send Page List: Please send us a list of the pages you want on the site (e.g. Home, About, Services, Gallery, etc.).
- Include Location of Text: Under each page title, include the specific copy for that page. Please check spelling and grammar.
- Include Location of Photos: Please list the photo file names for each page.
- Send Graphics: Please include all logo files (variety if available), along with suggestions on where to place files.
- Use Google Drive or Dropbox: If the files are too large to send in one email, please use Google Drive or Dropbox.
- Send Layout Concepts: If you have an idea of how you want specific pages laid out, please include an electronic drawing.
- Send Multiple Emails: By having your content and files all in one, organized place, we will thrive and the project will finish on time.
- Send Unorganized Content: Please be clear about what you are sending us and where to place the items within the website.
- Send Handwritten Content: We type very fast, but we prefer to spend our time designing. Please transfer all copy to an electronic form so that we may easily copy and paste the text into the Squarespace platform.
- Send Hundreds of Photos: Websites typically contain about 20-30 photos. Maybe more if you have a portfolio or gallery. This means if you should send only the best of the best photographs.
- Send Blurry Photos: Great photography is one of the most crucial parts in designing a beautiful website. We require clear, high quality, large photos. The minimum requirement for photos is at least 2048 x 1365 pixels and 300kb. If you need help with file size, just ask.
- Provide Nothing: You are the one who knows best about your products and/or services. Your website is an opportunity to tell the world about yourself and your wonderful business. Don't be shy, just write about what you know. If you don't want a text heavy site, that is fine by us. Let us know in the beginning of the project that you prefer a minimal site.